Ready to Jumpstart your career?
Are you an LLPC? Are you looking for supervision hours and you are eager to learn and grow as a counseling professional? Whether you have just graduated or need more hours toward your LPC, a great supervision experience is waiting for you. The State of Michigan requires LLPCs to complete 3,000 hours of supervised counseling experience, of those hours, at least 100 must be in the immediate physical presence of the supervisor. Working with Dr. Sorenson, you will have the opportunity to gain a wealth of experience and knowledge that will be invaluable to your career as a counselor. While working at Teletherapy Group is not a requirement, there is potential for employment with us for those who are interested.
Get to know your supervisor
As an experienced Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) supervisor, Dr. Julie Sorenson is here to assist you with knowledge and experience on your LLPC journey. Julie is currently a Doctor of Marriage and Family therapy and provides therapy to all ages. Dr. Sorenson has over 13 years of experience in counseling, where she worked in many areas of the field and has gained knowledge that assists in treating clients.
Her journey started at Borgess Hospital, screening people to determine if they need inpatient or outpatient care. She then became an outpatient therapist at an Alternative High School building rapport and offering individual or group therapy. The next step in her career was working as a behavior interventionist for students with intense behavioral issues. She continued as a School Counselor for PK- Adult Education and served as an on-call facilitator for crisis response for schools in Barry and Calhoun counties.
Julie is internationally certified in CISM (Crisis Intervention Stress Management) and has provided Southwest Michigan professionals with education in CISM and Suicide Prevention. Julie worked on a task force creating an executive summary for Suicide Prevention policies and procedures to be universal throughout school systems in Michigan. Julie has written and published several books on social-emotional issues, check them out here.
What you will recieve in addition to receiving your hours
- A positive professional atmosphere where you can feel safe to share your experiences and ask questions.
- Access to your supervisor for consultation on difficult cases, or general questions.
- Help in crisis situations.
- Assistance with writing progress notes ad creating treatment plans.
- Education on a variety of topics.
- Experience and knowledge from a DFMT/LPC who has years of experience in many realms of the field.
Interested in group supervision?
Group supervision is a great way to earn your hours at a slower pace.
Group supervision benefits and requirements:
- Meet once a month for 4 hours
- Free lunch
- Review case studies
- Learn and share intervention tactics
- Networking with peers
- Guest speakers sharing their experience in the field.
- Master's degree in counseling or a related field
- Minimum of 48 semester hours
- Current LLPC license in good standing (or plan on obtaining one soon)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and active listening
- Commitment to ethical and professional standards of practice